Food is Fuel.
Hunger hurts kids, both mind and body.
The shocking facts:
- 15.9 million or nearly 22 percent of children live in food insecure households
- 15.5 percent of rural households are food insecure
- Lack of enough nutritious food impairs a child’s ability to concentrate and perform well in school
- Kids who are food insecure exhibit a variety of behavior problems
- They are more likely to be hospitalized and are at higher risk for chronic health conditions
These are real facts involving real children. We believe this is unacceptable, and that if we work together, it can change.
On the heels of the highly successful “Chew on This” tour, we launched a new initiative called Drive to Feed Kids™ bringing together the entire industry and local communities to help feed kids. The Chew on This tour opened many eyes.
Now it’s time to do more
The children of Madera County need our support. Join Nutra Blend and the Madera County Food Bank THIS Thursday, December 18th, for our “Drive to Feed Kids” event at the Wal-Mart shopping center (North of Chase Bank).
- Enjoy a great BBQ lunch
- Watch a short video in the “Chew on This” theater
- Learn more about the “Drive to Feed Kids” program
- We also ask that you consider a donation (any size) towards meals for kids and the Madera County Food Bank